January 11, 2005
REGION 5 ETA WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT LETTER 001-05, Change 1
MEMORANDUM TO: STATE WORKFORCE ADMINISTRATORS
FROM: Byron Zuidema
SUBJECT: Region 5 Reorganization
1. Purpose. To inform State Workforce Agencies of updates to the staffing structure of the Regional Office.
2. References. None
3. Links. This Letter is in the Region 5 website archive at:
4. Background. The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is proceeding with a reorganization of its offices, divisons and units to better serve its customers.
Part of this reoganization is a redeployment of Federal staff involved with foreign labor certification. This function has been transferred from the Regional Offices to the Office of National Programs, Division of Foreign Labor Certification (DFLC). The Division has reorganized its foreign labor certification activities in a new structure intended to eliminate the current Permanent Program backlog and implement the new Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) system. The newly created structure will be Center-based and include all program functions and Federal staff currently residing in ETA Regional Offices. Before the end of calendar year 2004, Federal foreign labor certification staff nationwide will be relocated to two Perm Processing Centers located in Atlanta and Chicago.
The Chicago Perm Processing Center contact information is as follow:
Chicago Perm Processing Center
844 N. Rush St.
Chicago, Illinois 60611
5. Substance. Following is the latest update to the Regional Office staffing structure:
Office of the Regional Administrator (ORA)
Byron Zuidema, Regional Administrator, 312.596.5400
Shawaan Caridine, Management Staff Assistant
Janina Rokiciak, Executive Secretary
Sandy Wilson, Executive Assistant
Office of System Performance (OSP)
Nick Lammers, Regional Director, 312.596.5520
Division of Workforce Investment (DWI)
Stacy O’Keefe, Acting Division Chief, 312.596.5527
One-Stop and Business Services Unit (OSBSU)
Unemployment Insurance and Reeemployment Services Unit (UIRSU)
Dominic Pavese, Supervisor
Division of State Operations (DSO)
Leslie Matthews, Division Chief, 312.596.5529
Office of Discretionary Programs (ODP)
Larry Greevers, Regional Director, 312.596.5437
Division of Discretionary Grants (DDG)
Fred Homan, Division Chief, 312.596.5492
National Emergency Grant Unit (NEGU)
Rochelle Bradley, Supervisor
Specialty Grant Unit (SGU)
Rose Alvarado, Supervisor
Office of System Support (OSS)
Barry Dale, Regional Director, 312.596.5455
Division of Internal Support (DIS)
Division of Financial and Performance Management (DFPM)
Tom Coyne, Division Chief, 312.596.5435
Financial Grant Management Unit (FGU)
Performance/Reporting Unit (PRU)
6. Action Required. State Administrators are requested to share this Letter with appropriate staff and other agencies.
7. Inquiries. Questions or comments concerning the Region 5 reorganization may be directed to Nick Lammers of the Office of System Performance on 312.596.5520; Larry Greevers of the Office of Discretionary Programs on 312.596.5437; or Barry Dale of the Office of System Support on 312.596.5455. Questions or comments about the format of this Letter may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
8. Attachments. None.
9. Effective Date. January 1, 2005
10. Expiration Date. September 30, 2005