August 5, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 011-04
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Regulatory Provisions Regarding Federal Financial Assistance to Faith-Based Organizations; Proposed and Final Rules
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice of proposed and final rules for various regulatory provisions regarding Federal financial assistance to faith-based organizations.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 132, July 12, 2004, pp. 41769-41770 (EEO Provisions); pp. 41882-41894 (Religious Liberty) and pp. 41894-41900 (Employment of Participants); Federal Register, Vol. 68, No. 189, September 30, 2003, pp. 56386-56390; Workforce Investment Act; 29 CFR 2, 37 and 95; 20 CFR 667 and 670; OMB Circular A-122; Executive Orders 12866, 13132, and 13279; Religious Freedom Restoration Act [42 U.S.C. 2000bb et seq.]; 42 CFR 54; Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995; Regulatory Flexibility Act
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment on EEO Provisions (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register attachment on Religious Liberty (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register attachment on Employment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about faith-based grant regulations may be directed to the Office of System Support in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Bulletin may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. Continuing
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 132, July 12, 2004, pp. 41769-41770 (EEO Provisions); pp. 41882-41894 (Religious Liberty) and pp. 41894-41900 (Employment of Participants)