May 20, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 030-05, Change 1
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: FYI - Revised Prevailing Wage Determination Policy Guidance for Nonagricultural Immigration Programs Foreign Labor Certification
PROGRAM(S): Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit revised prevailing wage determination policy guidance for nonagricultural immigration under the Foreign Labor Certification program.
2. References. Information Alert 030-05, Notices, Rules and Comment Requests - Foreign Labor Certification, January 18, 2005; Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 247, December 27, 2004, pp. 77326-77421 (Final Rule PERMs); Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 250, December 30, 2004, pp. 78480-78481 (Comment Request); Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 225, November 23, 2004, pp. 68222-68229 (Interim Final Rule for H-1B and H-1B1); 20 CFR Parts 655 and 656; General Administration Letter 1-00; Immigration and Nationality Act; Executive Orders 12866 and 13132; Regulatory Flexibility Act; Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995; Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Revised Prevailing Wage Determination Policy Guidance (.pdf)
Access Prevailing Wage Data On-Line
Link to the Federal Register attachment on the Final Rule for PERM Applications (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
5. Contact. Comments or questions on revised prevailing wage determination policy may be directed to Greg Wilson on 202.693.3010. Comments or questions about labor certification may be directed to the appropriate Foreign Labor Certification Processing Office:
Atlanta National Processing Center - 404.893.0101
Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center - 484.270.1500
Chicago National Processing Center - 312.886.8000
Dallas Backlog Processing Center - 214.237.9111
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. Continuing
7. Attachments. Revised Prevailing Wage Determination Guidance (.pdf)