September 17, 2004
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 034-04
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Solicitation for Grant Applications - High Growth Job Training Initiative Grants for the Healthcare and Biotechnology Industries; SGA/DFA- PY04-1; CFDA Number 17.261
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a Solicitation for Grant Applications for Program Years 2004 High Growth Job Training Initiative (HGJTI) Grants for the Healthcare and Biotechnology Industries.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 180, September 17, 2004, pp. 56082-56097; Workforce Investment Act of 1998 CFDA 17.261; Jobs for Veterans Act (.pdf) (Pub.L. 107-288); Training and Employment Guidance Letter 5-03, September 16, 2003; Obtaining a DUNS Number (.pdf) Guide; DUNS; Use of a Universal Identifier Number by Grant Applicants, OMB Notice, June 27, 2003; E.O. 12372; OMB Circulars A-21, A-87 and A-122; ; 20 CFR 667.220; 29 CFR 93, 95, 96, 98 and 99; 48 CFR 31 (FAR); Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 (.pdf) (Pub.L. 104-65); SF-269 (.pdf) and SF-424 (.pdf).
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
Get background information on HGJTI
Apply online at http://www.grants.gov
Get background information on applying for grants
Get background information on partnering with Federal agencies
4. Action. Program administrators are invited to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies/entities. Eligible applicants, as described on p. 56086 of the Federal Register attachment, are invited to submit an application, on or before November 2, 2004, to the individual named in the Addresses section of the attachment.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about this grant solicitation may be directed to Kevin Brumback on 202.693.3381. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. November 2, 2004
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 69, No. 180, September 17, 2004, pp. 56082-56097