March 11, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 034-05, Change 1
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Post-Adjudication Audits of H-2B Petitions in All Occupations Other Than Excepted Occupations in the United States; Proposed Rule
PROGRAM(S): Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To extend the comment period for a proposed rule for the labor certification process for temporary, nonagricultural services or labor under the H-2B application for employment of alien workers in the United States.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 45, March 9, 2005, p. 11592; Information Alert 035-01, January 28, 2005; 20 CFR 655; Executive Orders 12866 and 13132; Regulatory Flexibility Act; Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995; Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources.
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before April 8th, to the individual or to the e-mail address named in the Addresses section of the Federal Register attachments. Comments should reference the Regulatory Information Number (RIN) 1205-AB36.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about post-adjudication audits of H-2B petitions may be directed to William Carlson on 202.693.3010. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. April 8, 2005
7. Attachments. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 45, March 9, 2005, p. 11592