January 31, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 035-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Decision to Revise Method for Estimation of Monthly Labor Force Statistics for Certain Sub-National Areas, Bureau of Labor Statistics
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice from the Bureau of Labor Statistics announcing a change in the method for estimating Monthly Labor Force statistics for certain sub-national areas.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 15, January 25, 2005, pp. 3564-3565.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
Additional information on the current and redesigned approaches is available at the BLS LAUS website.
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about LAUS may be directed to Sharon Brown on 202.691.6390. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. Continuing
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 15, January 25, 2005, pp. 3564-3565