February 15, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 038-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) Handbook; OMB Number 1205-0051
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on an extension of an existing Information Collection Request (ICR), which has been submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval, concerning the Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) Handbook, including ETA Form 90-2, Disaster Payment Activities Under the Stafford Disaster Relief Act.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 23, February 4, 2005, pp. 6041-6042; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 [44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)]; Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, Sections 410 and 423.
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before March 4, 2004, to:
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
Office of Management and Budget
Attn: OMB Desk Officer for ETA
Washington, D.C. 20503
A copy of the ICR is available from Ira Mills on 202.693.4122.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about Disaster Unemployment Assistance may be directed to the Office of System Performance in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Bulletin may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. March 4, 2004
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 235, February 4, 2005, pp. 6041-6042