February 16, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 039-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Federal Travel Regulation, Privately Owned Vehicle Mileage, General Services Administration
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice from the General Services Administration announcing a revised maximum mileage rate for privately owned vehicles used in Federal travel.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 23, February 4, 2005, pp. 5932-5933; Executive Order 12866; Regulatory Flexibility Act; Paperwork Reduction Act; Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act; 41 CFR 301-10.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. State and local units of government and nonprofit agencies may use Federal per diem rates as a benchmark against which internal travel policies are set. The maximum mileage reimbursement rate for a privately owned vehicle used for Federal travel has been increased to $0.405 cents per mile.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about Federal mileage rates may be directed to Devoanna Reels on 202.501.3781. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment.Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 23, February 4, pp. 5932-5933