March 7, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 042-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - State Unified Plan Planning Guidance for State Unified Plans Submitted Under Section 501 of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998; OMB Number 1205-0407
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on a revision of an existing Information Collection Request (ICR), which has been submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for emergency review and approval, concerning State Unified Plan planning guidance for State Unified Plans submitted under Section 501 of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 36, February 24, 2005, pp. 9107-9108; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 [44 U.S.C. Chapter 35]; Workforce Investment Act [Pub.L. 105-220].
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. All current WIA State Plans will expire June 30, 2005. It is unlikely that Congress will pass a reauthorized Workforce Investment Act before that time. The proposed planning guidance is designed to advise States about how to continue their WIA programs under Public Law 105-220.
5. Action. State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment to:
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
Office of Management and Budget
Attn: OMB Desk Officer for ETA
Washington, D.C. 20503
A copy of the ICR is available from Ira Mills on 202.693.4122.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about the WIA State planning process may be directed to the Office of System Performance in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Bulletin may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. March 15, 2005
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 36, February 24, 2005, pp. 9107-9108