April 6, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 054-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Labor Exchange Reporting System (LERS), ETA Form 9002 and VETS Form 200, OMB Number 1205-0240; Trade Act Participant Report (TAPR), OMB Number 1205-0392; WIA Management Information and Reporting System, ETA Forms 9090, 9091 and WIASRD, OMB Number 1205-0420
PROGRAM(S): WIA, Wagner-Peyser, Trade
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on a revision of existing Information Collection Requests (ICRs), which have been submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for emergency review and approval, concerning Labor Exchange Reporting on ETA Form 9002 and VETS Form 200, Trade Act participant reporting on the TAPR, and Workforce Investment Act (WIA) reporting on ETA Forms 9090, 9091 and the WIASRD.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 59, March 29, 2005, pp. 15892-15893 (LERS); pp. 15893-15894 (TAPR), and pp. 15894-15895 (WIA); Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 [44 U.S.C. Chapter 35]; Wagner-Peyser Act; Trade Act; Workforce Investment Act [Pub.L. 105-220].
3. Links. This Bulletin is in the Regional website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment on Labor Exchange reporting (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register attachment on Trade Act reporting (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register attachment on WIA reporting (.pdf)
4. Substance. ETA has requested emergency clearance to revise reporting requirements for the Labor Exchange, Trade and WIA programs, including collecting data elements for assessment against common measures.
5. Action. State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment to:
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
Office of Management and Budget
Attn: OMB Desk Officer for ETA
Ref: 1205-0240, 1205-0392, 1205-0420
Washington, D.C. 20503
A copy of the ICRs is available from Ira Mills on 202.693.4122.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about the Labor Exchange, Trade or WIA reporting may be directed to the Office of System Performance in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.565.3630
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. June 30, 2005
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 59, March 29, 2005, pp. 15892-15893 (LERS); pp. 15893-15894 (TAPR), and pp. 15894-15895 (WIA)