May 20, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 057-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Solicitation for Grant Applications - Community-Based Job Training Grants, DFA-PY-04-10
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) for awards in support of community-based job training grants.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 84, May 3, 2005, pp. 22905-22924; Workforce Investment Act of 1998 [Pub.L. 105-220]; Training and Employment Guidance Letters 05-03, and 28-04, Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995, section 18 [Pub.L. 104-65 (2 U.S.C. 1611)]; Jobs for Veterans Act [Pub.L. 107-288]; DUNS Number; Circulars A-21, 87, 122; 20 CFR 667.220; 29 CFR Parts 2, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 93, 95, 96, 97, 98 and 99; 48 CFR 31; Education Amendments of 1972, Title IX; Business Relations Group (high Growth Job Training Initiative); Community Based Organization Information Booklet; America's Service Locator; Help With Solicitation for Grant Applications; Guidance for Faith-Based and Community Organizations on Partnering with the Federal Government; SF-424; SF-424A; SF-269; OMB Survey No. 1890-0014.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action: State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies. Eligible applicants, as defined in part III.1. of the Solicitation, are invited to submit an application on or before July 6, 2005 to the individual named in the Addresses section of the Federal Register attachment.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about this Solicitation may be directed to Kevin Brumback on 202.693.3381 (voice) or 202.693.2705 (fax). The fax should reference SGA/DFA-PY-04-10.
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. July 6, 2005
7. Attachments. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 84, May 3, 2005, pp. 22905-22924