May 20, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 060-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Determination of Lower Living Standard Income Level, Annual Update
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit the annual update of the Lower Living Standard Income Level (LLSIL), issued by the Department of Labor for use in establishing participant income eligibility in certain Federally-funded assistance programs.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 90, May 11, 2005, pp. 24841-24846; Workforce Investment Act (.pdf), Pub.L. 105-220, Sections 101(25), 127(b)(2)(C) and 132(b)(1)(B)(v)(IV).
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
Link to the LLSIL Guidelines On-Line
Link to the HHS Poverty Guidelines On-Line
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies/entities.
5. Contacts. Comments or questions about the LLSIL may be directed to Libby Queen on 202.693.3607. Comments or questions about participant income eligibility may be directed to the Office of System Support in your Regional Office:
Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. Continuing
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 90, May 11, 2005, pp. 24841-24846