ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 004-06
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Final Rule - Government Policy Streamlining Overview and Guidance on Nonprocurement Debarment and Suspension and Cost Principles Guidance; Cost Principles for Educational Institutions (OMB Circular A-21); State, Local, and Indian Tribal Governments (OMB Circular A-87) and Nonprofit Organizations (OMB Circular A-122); Office of Management and Budget
PROGRAMS: All Programs
1. Purpose. To announce a final rule promulgated by the Office of Management and Budget on government policy streamlining, including guidance on nonprocurement debarment and suspension, and cost principles guidance for educational institutions, State, Local, and Indian Tribal governments, and nonprofit organizations.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 168, August 31, 2005, pp. 51862-51943; 2 CFR 1, 180, 220, 225 and 230; Federal Financial Assistance Management Improvement Act of 1999 [Pub.L. 106-107]; OMB Circulars A-21, A-87, A-110, and A-122; 48 CFR 31.3, 31.6 and 31.7.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/regionalresources.
Link to the Federal Register Attachment - Streamlining (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register Attachment - Debarment & Suspension (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register Attachment - Educational Institutions (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register Attachment - State, Local and Indian Tribal Governments (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register Attachment - Non-Profit Organizations (.pdf)
4. Substance. In May 2004, the Office of Management and Budget established Title 2 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), to contain Federal policy on grants and agreements and Federal agencies regulatory implementation of OMB guidance. The Federal Register attachment to this Information Alert transmits OMB guidance in four areas:
- nonprocurement debarment and suspension
- cost principle guidance for educational institutions (OMB Circular A-21)
- cost principle guidance for State, Local and Indian Tribal Governments (OMB Circular A-87)
- cost principle guidance for non-profit organizations (OMB Circular A-122)
5. Action. Program Administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about Federal policy on grants and agreements may be directed to the Office of System Support in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.788.0170
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 168, August 31, p. 51862-51943.