November 30, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 011-06
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Allocation of Costs of Assessing and Collecting State Taxes That Are Collected in Conjunction with the State Unemployment Compensation Tax; Training and Employment Guidance Letter 6-05
1. Purpose. To transmit interpretation of Federal law requirements pertaining to unemployment compensation.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 222, November 18, 2005, pp. 69991-69992; Training and Employment Guidance Letter 6-05; General Administration Letter 4-91 (expired); Social Security Act, Title III [39 U.S.C. 3201(1)], section 303(a)(8); 29 CFR 97.22; OMB Circular A-87, Attachment A, section C.3.; Unemployment Insurance Program Letter 25-92; One-Stop Comprehensive Financial Management Technical Assistance Guide, Part II.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/regionalresources.cfm
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are invited to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
5. Contact. Questions and comments about Federal policy on unemployment compensation may be directed to the Office of System Performance in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.788.0170
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. Continuing
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 222, November 18, 2005, pp. 69991-69992