December 22, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 018-06
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: FYI - Training and Employment Guidance Letter 8-05, Response to Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma - Deadlines and Correspondence for the Permanent Labor Certification Program
PROGRAMS: Foreign Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit Federal regulatory requirements concerning deadlines and correspondence for the Permanent Labor Certification Program in response to hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma, and issued in Training and Employment Guidance Letter (TEGL) 8-05.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 235, December 8, 2005, pp. 73035-73037; Training and Employment Guidance Letter 8-05, November 16, 2005
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are invited to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
5. Contact. Questions and comments about the TEGL may be directed to Rachel Wittman Cox on 202.693.3010. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. March 31, 2006
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 235, December 8, 2005, pp. 73035-73037