December 10, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 018-08
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Comment Request; Final Notice - Financial Reporting for Grants and Cooperative Agreements: Federal Financial Report (FFR)
PROGRAMS: All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a comment request; final notice, from the Office of Management and Budget, concerning the new Federal Financial Report.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. On April 8, 2003, OMB announced in the Federal Register its intent to establish a new Federal Financial Report (FFR) (68 FR 17097). This new report would consolidate into a single report the current Financial Status Report (SF-269 and SF-269A) and the Federal Cash Transactions Report (SF- 272 and SF-272A). This consolidation is consistent with government-wide grant streamlining efforts being carried out under the Federal Financial Assistance Management Improvement Act of 1999 (Pub. L. 106-107) and is intended to streamline and simplify award-reporting requirements. This form was an undertaking of the interagency Post Award Workgroup that supports the Federal Grants Streamlining Initiative. Additional information on the Federal Grants Streamlining Initiative, which focuses on implementing Public Law 106-107, was announced in the Federal Register on September 13, 2006 (71 FR 54098).
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before January 7th to:
Office of Federal Financial Management
Attn: Marguerite Pridgen
Office of Management and Budget
(Please include "FFR Comments" in the subject line of the e-mail message)
5. Contact. Questions and comments about the notice may be directed to Marguerite Pridgen on 202.395.7844. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. January 7, 2008
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 235, December 7, 2007, pp. 69236-69257