December 13, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 021-08
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Apprenticeship Programs, Labor Standards for Registration. RIN 1205-AB50
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice of proposed rulemaking to update the regulations that implement the National Apprenticeship Act of 1937.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 239, December 13, 2007, pp. 71019-71038; National Apprenticeship Act of 1937; 29 USC 50; 29 CFR 29; 67 FR 64272; Paperwork Reduction Act, 44 USC 3501; Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995, Pub. L. 104-4; Assessment of Federal Regulations and Policies on Families, Pub. L. 105-277 sec 654; 5 USC 605 (b); 5 USC 601(3)-(5); Executive Order 12866, 13132, 13175 and 12988.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are request to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to submit comments, identified by Regulatory Information Number (RIN) 1205-AB50, on or before February 11th by one of the following methods:
Internet: Federal e-Rulemaking Portal
Mail/ Hand Delivery:
Thomas Dowd, Administrator
Office of Policy Development and Research
US DOL/Employment and Training Administration
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
5. Contact. Questions and comments about this notice may be directed to Sherril Hurd on 202.693.3700. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. February 11, 2008
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 239, December 13, 2007, pp. 71019-71038.