ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 025-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Workforce Investment Act: National Emergency Grant (NEG) Assistance - Application and Reporting Procedures; OMB No. 1205-0439
PROGRAMS: NEG, WIA
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for comment on an Information Collection Request (ICR), which will be submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval, concerning a proposed extension of the data collection for the Workforce Investment Act: National Emergency Grant Assistance - application and reporting procedures.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 221, November 16, 2006, pp. 66800-66801; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, 44 U.S.C. 3506 (c) (2) (A); Workforce Investment Act (WIA) (Pub.L. 105-220), sections 101, 132, 134 and 173; Trade Adjustment Assistance Reform Act of 2002 (Pub.L. 107-210), sections 113, 114 and 203; 20 CFR 671.140; ETA Forms 9103-9107.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are request to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before January 16th to:
Office of National Response
Employment and Training Administration
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20210
A copy of the ICR is available from Gregory Willis on 202.693.2759.
5. Contact. Questions and comments about the ICR may be directed to Gregory Willis on 202.693.2759. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. January 16, 2007
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 221, November16, 2006, pp. 66800-66801.