January 3, 2008
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 026-08
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Publication of the Five-Year Research, Demonstration, and Evaluation Strategic Plan for 2007-2012
PROGRAMS: All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of publication of U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration's Five-Year Research, Demonstration, and Evaluation Strategic Plan for 2007-2012.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 73, No. 2, January 3, 2008, pp. 501-512; Workforce Investment Act of 1998, Section 171.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. Under Section 171 of WIA, the Secretary of Labor is required to submit, every two years, a plan that describes demonstration and pilot, multi-service, research and multi-state projects. The Research, Demonstration, and Evaluation Strategic Plan focuses on priorities for USDOL/ETA concerning employment and training for the five-year period following the plan. The Strategic Plan provides an overview of prior research, current research and proposed direction for future research that builds on prior efforts.
Download the full report as a PDF.
5. Action. Program administrators are invited to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this Alert may be directed to Heidi M. Casta 202.693.3700. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 73, No. 2, January 3, 2008, pp. 501-512.