August 24, 2006
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 027-06
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Implementing the Salary and Bonus Limitations in Public Law 109-234
PROGRAMS: All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of the implementation of Public Law 109-234, which sets limitations on salary and bonus payments for ETA-funded recipients and sub-recipients.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Background. Section 7013 of Public Law 109-234 limits salary and bonus compensation for individuals who are paid by grant funds appropriated to the Employment and Training Administration. The compensation limit is currently $165,200 annually. The limitation applies to appropriated funds available for expenditure on or after June 15, 2006.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies
6. Contact. Questions and comments about Pub.L. 109-234 may be directed to the Division of Financial Management and Administrative Services in your Regional Office:
Region 1 Boston - 617.788.0170
Region 2 Philadelphia - 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta - 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas - 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco - 415.975.4610
Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 161, August 21, 2006, 2005, pp. 48557-48559