February 5, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 045-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Privately Owned Automobile Mileage Reimbursement; Federal Travel Regulations, FTR Case 2006-304, Final Rule
PROGRAMS: All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of final rule concerning the Privately Owned Automobile (POA) mileage reimbursement rate increase effective February 1, 2007.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 19, January 30, 2007, pp. 4210-4211; Federal Travel Regulation (FTR).
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The General Services Administration is amending the Federal Travel Regulation, by adjusting the mileage reimbursement rate for use of a privately owned automobile on official travel to reflect current costs of operation, as determined in cost studies conducted by the General Services Administration. The governing regulation is revised to increase the mileage allowance for the cost of operating a privately owned automobile from $0.445 to $0.485 per mile.The cost of operating a privately owned airplane and motorcycle remain unchanged.
5. Action. Program administrators are invited to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this Alert may be directed to Umeki Thorne on 202.208.7636. Please cite FTR Amendment 2007-01; FTR case 2006-304. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 19, January 30, 2007, pp. 4210-4211.