February 21, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 054-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Solicitation for Grant Applications -High Growth Job Training Initiative Grants for the Long-Term Care Sector of the Health Care Industry, SGA/DFA-PY-06-07
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) for awards in support of High Growth Job Training Initiative Grants for the Long-Term Care Sector of the Health Care Industry.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 32, February 16, 2007, pp. 7680-7692; President's High Growth Job Training Initiative (HGJTI) ; Workforce Investment Act of 1998 [Pub.L. 105-220]; Jobs for Veterans Act [Pub.L. 107-288]; DUNS Number; Circulars A-21, 87, 122; 20 CFR 667.220; 29 CFR Parts 2, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 93, 95, 96, 97, 98 and 99; 48 CFR 31; Lobbying Disclosure Act [Pub.L. 104-65 (2U.S.C.1611)]; Executive Order 12372; Training and Employment Guidance Letter 5-03; Community Based Organization Information Booklet; Help With Solicitation for Grant Applications; SF-424; SF-424A
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action: State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies. Eligible applicants, as defined in Part III (1) of the Solicitation, are invited to submit an application on or before April 5, 2007 to the individual named in Part IV (3) of the Solicitation. A Webinar for prospective applicants will be held on March 5, 2007. Access information for the Webinar will be posted on http://www.doleta.gov/BRG/Indprof/Health.cfm .
This announcement is also being made available on http://www.grants.gov .
5. Contact. Comments or questions about this Solicitation may be directed to Jeannette Flowers on 202.693.3322. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. April 5, 2007
7. Attachments. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 32, February 16, 2007, pp. 7680-7692.