March 12, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 056-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Solicitation for Grant Applications - Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic Development Initiative-Third Generation, SGA/DFA-PY-06-09
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) for awards in support of the third generation of the Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic Development (WIRED) initiative.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 35, February 22, 2007, pp. 8019-8027; Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic Development (WIRED); American Competitiveness and Workforce Improvement Act of 1988 [Pub.L. 105-277, 108-447], 29 U.S.C.2916a; Workforce Investment Act of 1998 [Pub.L. 105-220]; DUNS Number; Circulars A-21, 87, 122; 20 CFR 667.200; 29 CFR Parts 2, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 93, 95, 96, 97, 98 and 99; 48 CFR 31; Lobbying Disclosure Act [Pub.L. 104-65 (2U.S.C.1611)]; Community Based Organization Information Booklet; Help With Solicitation for Grant Applications; SF-424; SF-424A; Executive Order 12372
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action: State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies. Eligible applicants, as defined in Part III (A) of the Solicitation, are invited to submit an application on or before April 13, 2007 to the individual named in Part IV (C) of the Solicitation. A Webinar for prospective applicants will be held in February 2007. The date and access information for the Webinar will be posted on https://www.doleta.gov .
This announcement is also being made available on http://www.grants.gov .
5. Contact. Comments or questions about this Solicitation may be directed to Laura Patton Watson on 202.693.3961. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. April 13, 2007
7. Attachments. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 35, February 22, 2007, pp. 8019-8027.