July 19, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 066-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Solicitation for Grant Applications - Limited English Proficiency and Hispanic Worker Initiative, Workforce Investment Act, SGA/DFA PY-05-02, CFDA 17.261
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) for awards in support of Limited English Proficiency and Hispanic Worker Initiatives.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 115, June 16, 2005, pp. 35118-35136; Workforce Investment Act of 1998 [Pub.L. 105-220]; Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995, section 18 [Pub.L. 104-65 (2 U.S.C. 1611)]; Jobs for Veterans Act [Pub.L. 107-288]; DUNS Number; Circulars A-21, 87, 122; 20 CFR 667.220; 29 CFR Parts 93, 95, 96, 97, 98 and 99; 48 CFR 31; Business Relations Group (high Growth Job Training Initiative); Community Based Organization Information Booklet; America's Service Locator; Help With Solicitation for Grant Applications; Guidance for Faith-Based and Community Organizations on Partnering with the Federal Government; SF-424; SF-424A; SF-269; OMB Survey No. 1890-0014.; Executive Order 12372.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action: State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies. Eligible applicants, as defined in Part III.A. of the Solicitation, are invited to submit an application on or before August 15, 2005 to the individual named in Part 4.C. of the Solicitation.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about this Solicitation may be directed to Serena Boyd on 202.693.3338. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. August 15, 2005
7. Attachments. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 115, June 16, 2005, pp. 35118-35136