July 21, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 073-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Data Collection and Reporting for Public Labor Exchange Programs; Wagner-Peyser Act, ETA Forms 9002A, 9002B, 9002C, 9002D, and 9002E; Veterans' Employment and Training Service, VETS 200A, VETS 200B, and VETS 200C; OMB Number 1205-0240
PROGRAM(S): Wagner-Peyser, VETS
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on revision of an Information Collection Request (ICR), which will be submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval, concerning data collection and reporting for public labor exchange programs under the Wagner-Peyser Act, reported on ETA Forms 9002A, 9002B, 9002C, 9002D, 9002E; and Veterans' Employment and Training Service, reported on VETS 200A, VETS 200B, and VETS 200C.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 133, July 13, 2005, pp. 40400-40402; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 [44 U.S.C. Chapter 35]; Wagner-Peyser Act; Homeless Veterans' Comprehensive Assistance Act of 2001 [Pub.L. 107-95]; Workforce Investment Act; Jobs for Veterans Act [Pub.L. 107-288]; Training and Employment Guidance Letters (TEGL) 15-03, Common Measures Policy (Rescinded), December 10, 2003 and TEGL 28-04, Common Measures Policy, April 15, 2005; ET Handbook 406.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program Administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before September 12, 2005 to the individual named in the Addresses section of the Federal Register attachment.
A copy of the ICR is available on-line.
5. Contact. Comments or questions about the Labor Exchange Reporting System may be directed to Karen Staha on 202.693.3420. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
6. Expiration Date. September 12, 2005
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 133, July 13, 2005, pp. 40400-40402