April 24, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 079-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Procedures for H-2B Temporary Labor Certification in Non-Agricultural Occupations
PROGRAMS: Foreign Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of updated procedures State Workforce Agencies and ETA National Processing Centers (NPCs) to process H-2B labor certification applications in non-agricultural occupations.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
This information is also released in the form of a Training and Employment Guidance Letter 21-06.
5. Contact. Questions and comments about the content of this procedure should be directed to the appropriate NPC Certifying Officer. The Certifying Officer for the Atlanta NPC can be contacted on 404.893.0101. The Certifying Officer for the Chicago NPC can be contacted on 312.886.8000. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. May 4, 2007
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 76, April 20, 2007, pp. 19961-19965.