June 18, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 098-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Call for Papers - Center for Faith-Based & Community Initiatives; White House National Summit on Prisoner Reentry
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit a call-for-papers for recently completed papers or papers that will be completed prior to the conference.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 116, June 18, 2007, pp. 33535-33536.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf).
4. Substance. The White House and the U.S. Departments of Labor and Justice issue this call for papers to evaluate whether an offender's sustained participation in and completion of any pre-release program in a correctional system or post-release service or program through faith-based and community organizations impacts ex-offender recidivism. They are seeking paper concepts for recently completed papers or papers that will be completed prior to the conference. The conference is open to the public and will be held on November 27-28, 2007 in Los Angles, CA.
5. Action: Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies. Interested individuals are invited to submit a paper concept, in hard copy and diskette/CD (Word Prefect or Word) on or before September 30th to:
Center for Faith-Based & Community Initiatives
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210
6. Contact. Comments or questions about this call-for-papers should be directed to Christopher Stio on 202.693.6450. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. November 28, 2007
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 116, June 18, 2007, pp. 33535-33536.