June 25, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 102-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) Meeting
PROGRAMS: Job Corps
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of an open meeting of the Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) scheduled on July 10, 2007, in Arlington, VA.
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Advisory Committee on Job Corps (ACJC) was established to advance Job Corps' new vision for student achievement aimed at 21st century high-growth employment. This Committee will also evaluate Job Corps program characteristics, including its purpose, goals, and effectiveness, efficiency, and performance measures in order to address the critical issues facing the provision of job training and education to the youth population that it serves. The Advisory Committee meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 10, 2007, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the:
Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City
550 Army Navy Drive
Arlington, VA. 22202
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this meeting may be directed to the Office of Job Corps on 202.693.3000. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. July 10, 2007
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 120, June 22, 2007, p. 34480.