June 26, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 103-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations; Revisions to OMB Circular A-133
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose: To transmit a notice of revisions to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-133, "Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations"
2. References: Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 122, June 26, 2007, pp. 35080-35081; OMB Circular A-133 (published June 27, 2003)
3. Links: This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance: This Notice revises OMB Circular A-133, ''Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations,'' by (1) Updating the internal control terminology and related definitions used in the Circular; and (2) simplifying the auditee reporting package submission requirement to the Federal Audit Clearinghouse (FAC). The revisions shall apply to audits of fiscal years ending on or after December 15, 2006.
5. Action: Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment on or before August 27th to:
Office of Federal Financial Management
Office of Management and Budget
New Executive Office Building
Washington, DC 20503
(Please include "A-133 Comments" in the subject line)
6. Contact: Comments or questions about the revisions to the OMB Circular A-133 may be directed to Gilbert Tran on 202.395.3052. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date: Continuing
8. Attachment: Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 122, June 26, 2007, pp. 35080-35081