June 29, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 105-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Advisory Committee on Veterans' Employment, Training and Employer Outreach (ACVETEO) Open Meeting
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of an open meeting of the Advisory Committee on Veterans' Employment, Training and Employer Outreach (ACVETEO) scheduled on July 31, 2007, in Washington, DC.
2. References. Federal Register Vol. 72, No. 124, June 28, 2007, p. 35519; Title II of the Veterans' Housing Opportunity and Benefits Improvement Act of 2006, Pub. L. 109-233; Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA), Pub. L. 92-462 (5 U.S.C. app.II); 38 U.S.C. 4110.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Advisory Committee on Veterans' Employment, Training and Employer Outreach (ACVETEO) is responsible for assessing employment and training needs of veterans; determining the extent to which the programs and activities of the Department of Labor meet these needs; and assisting in carrying out outreach to employers seeking to hire veterans. The Advisory Committee meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 31, 2007, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. at the:
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Avenue NW
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this meeting may be directed to the Office of Veterans' Employment and Training Service on 202.693.4700. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. July 31, 2007
8. Attachment. FederalRegister, Vol. 72, No. 124, June 28, 2007, p. 35519.