July 3, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 109-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Special Guidelines for Processing H-2B Temporary Labor Certification in Tree Planting and Related Reforestation Occupations
PROGRAMS: Foreign Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of updated procedures State Workforce Agencies and ETA National Processing Centers (NPCs) to process H-2B labor certification applications in tree planting and related reforestation occupations.
2. References. Federal Register Vol. 72, No. 127, July 3, 2007, pp. 36504-36507; Immigration and Nationality Act Section 101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(b); 70 FR 41430; 8 CFR 214.2; 20 CFR 652, 655, 656.40; 29 CFR 500; 29 U.S.C. 1801; TEGL 21-06; ETA Form 750, Part A.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
5. Contact. Questions and comments about the content of this procedure should be directed to the appropriate NPC Certifying Officer. The Certifying Officer for the Atlanta NPC can be contacted on 404.893.0101. The Certifying Officer for the Chicago NPC can be contacted on 312.886.8000. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. Continuing
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 127, July 3, 2007, pp. 36504-36507.