July 13, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 114-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Procedure Modifications for H-2B Temporary Labor Certification in Non-Agricultural Occupations
PROGRAMS: Foreign Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of procedure modifications for State Workforce Agencies and ETA National Processing Centers (NPCs) to process H-2B labor certification applications in non-agricultural occupations.
2. References. Federal Register Vol. 72, No. 134, July 13, 2007, pp. 38621-38625; Immigration and Nationality Act Section 101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(b); 8 CFR 214.2(h)(6); 20 CFR 652 and 655; Information Alert 079-07.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
This information is also released in the form of a Training and Employment Guidance Letter 21-06, Change 1.
5. Contact. Questions and comments about the content of this procedure should be directed to the appropriate NPC Certifying Officer. The Certifying Officer for the Atlanta NPC can be contacted on 404.893.0101. The Certifying Officer for the Chicago NPC can be contacted on 312.886.8000. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. Continuing
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 134, July 13, 2007, pp. 38621-38625.