August 2, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 119-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Labor Certification for the Permanent Employment of Aliens in the United States; Establishment of E-Mail Address for Receipt of Reports of Potential Non-Compliance
PROGRAM(S): Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice of publishing of an e-mail address for the receipt and processing of reports of potential violations of the recently published Final Rule concerning the labor certification program integrity and reduce the incentives and opportunities for fraud and abuse related to the permanent employment of aliens in the United States
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The Department of Labor (DOL) is publishing an e-mail address for the receipt and processing of reports of potential violations of its recently published Final Rule, 72 FR 27904, seeking to protect the integrity of the permanent labor certification program and reduce incentives for fraud and abuse.
This e-mail box will be monitored for reports of alleged non-compliance with the regulations governing the permanent labor certification program. The Employment and Training Administration will determine an appropriate course of action for each report, and may refer individual inquiries to DOL's Employment Standards Administration, the DOL Office of Inspector General, the Department of Homeland Security, and/ or other authorities.
5. Action: State Workforce Agency administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies
6. Contact. Comments or questions about the Final Rule may be directed to William Carlson on 202.693.3010. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. Continuing
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 148, August 2, 2007, p. 42437