September 25, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 121-07, Change 1
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) for Community-Based Job Training Grants, SGA/DFA-PY-07-01
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit four amendments to the Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) for Community-Based Job Training Grants.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 185, September 25, 2007, pp. 54462-54463; Vol. 72, No. 152, August 8, 2007, pp.44574-44589; Information Alert No. 121-07.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment for August 8th (.pdf)
Link to the Federal Register attachment for September 25th (.pdf)
4. Substance. This amendment will make changes to the August 8 document by removing the requirement that 50% of the grant funds must be spent on tuition in Section III Eligibility Information and Other Grant Specifications; updating the data required in the one- to three-page summary of projected outcomes in Section IV Application and Submission Information; replacing outcomes associated with the 50% requirement with new outcomes and clarifying and correcting the total number of points the section is worth in the Description of Outcomes section in Section V Application Review Information; and extending the closing date for the Solicitation to October 31, 2007.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about this Solicitation may be directed to Melissa Abdullah on 202.693.3346. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. October 31, 2007
8. Attachments. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 152, August 8, 2007, pp.44574-44589; Vol. 72, No. 185, September 25, 2007, pp. 54462-54463.