September 17, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 130-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Attestations by Facilities Temporarily Employing H-1C Nonimmigrant Aliens as Registered Nurses, OMB Number 1205-0415
PROGRAMS: Foreign Labor Certification
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on an Information Collection Request (ICR), which has been submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval, concerning the proposed reinstatement, without change, of the attestations by facilities temporarily employing H-1C nonimmigrant aliens as registered nurses.
2. References. Federal Register Vol. 72, No. 177, September 13, 2007, p. 52395; Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 [44 U.S.C. Chapter 35, Pub.L. 104-13]; Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Act of 1999[Pub. L. 106-95], Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Reauthorization Act of 2005 [Pub. L. 109-432].
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before October 13th to:
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
Attn: Katherine Astrich
OMB Desk Officer for
Office of Management and Budget
725 17th Street, NW.
Washington, D.C. 20503
5. Contact. Questions and comments about the ICR may be directed to Darrin King on 202.693.4129. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. October 13, 2007
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 177, September 13, 2007, p. 52395