March 20, 2012
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 005-12
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice of Funding Opportunity and Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA) for the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training Grants Program (TAACCCT)
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of Availability of Funds and Solicitation for Grant Applications (SGA), SGA/DFA PY 11-08, to provide eligible institutions of higher education with funds to expand and improve their ability to deliver education and career training programs that can be completed in two years or less, and are suited for workers who are eligible for training under the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA).
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional Resources website archive at: https://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action: Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies. Eligible applicants are invited to submit an application on or before May 24, 2012 to the individual below:
200 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20210
5. Contact. Comments or questions about this Solicitation may be directed to Melissa Abdullah on 202.693.3346. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Beverly Akogu on 312.596.5458.
6. Expiration Date. May 24, 2012
7. Attachments. Federal Register, Vol. 77, No.38, February 27, 2012, p. 11593-11594.