March 19, 2007
REGION 5 ETA WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT LETTER NO. 005-07
TO: STATE WORKFORCE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS
FROM: BYRON ZUIDEMA
SUBJECT: Employment & Training Administration (ETA) National Financial and Administrative Forum
1. Purpose. To announce a fourth ETA-sponsored national training session on Federal financial and administrative requirements. This is a repeat of earlier sessions due to high demand.
3. Links. This Workforce Development Letter is in the Region 5 website archive at https://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/pages/LibraryIssuances.cfm.
4. Background. ETA provides grants funds to a variety of State, local and discretionary grantees. These grantees have the responsibility to ensure that funds are properly managed and administrative systems are established and operated in accordance with the applicable Federal guidelines. The Financial and Administrative Forums are intended to enhance grantees’ knowledge of these guidelines as they pertain to ETA grants. The fourth conference has been scheduled due to high demand for this training.
5. Location. The Financial and Administrative Forum will be held at the following location:
Westin Chicago North Shore August 7-9, 2006
A block of rooms has been held at each hotel. Attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. Please provide a major credit card when making your reservation to guarantee your arrival. Room and tax charges, along with all incidental charges, are the responsibility of each individual and must be paid upon departure.
6. Registration. Please visit www.branchassoc.com/conference to register for a conference or fax completed registration forms to Maxine Sherman of Branch Associates, Inc. at 215.731.9987. Since space is limited, interested persons are encouraged to register as soon as possible. No registration fee is required. A draft agenda and workshop descriptions can also be found at www.branchassoc.com/conference.
7. Action. State Workforce Administrators are requested to share this Letter with State and local fiscal, administrative and program staff.
8. Inquiries. Questions regarding this forum should be directed to the Division of Financial Management and Administrative Services in your ETA Regional Office.
Region 1 Boston - 617.788.0170
Region 2 Philadelphia – 215.861.5200
Region 3 Atlanta – 404.562.2092
Region 4 Dallas – 214.767.8263
Region 5 Chicago - 312.596.5400
Region 6 San Francisco – 415.975.4610
Questions or comments about the format of this Letter may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
9. Expiration Date. August 7, 2007
10. Attachment. None