May 9, 2007
REGION 5 WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT LETTER 009-07
MEMORANDUM TO: STATE WORKFORCE ADMINISTRATORS
FROM: Byron Zuidema
SUBJECT: Funding Opportunity
1. Purpose. To inform State Workforce Agencies of a funding opportunity under the Multiple Education Pathways Blueprint (MEPB) grants solicitation PY-06-12.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 88, May 8, 2007, pp. 26162-26169; Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance No. 17.261; Demographia.com (city population size); Youth Vision Document; No Child Left Behind (NCLB); Youth Transition Funders Group; ETA MEP activities; Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA); Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA); Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG); Junior Achievement; Skills USA; SF-424; SF-424A; DUNS Number; OMB Survey N: Survey on Ensuring Equal Opportunity [1890-0014]; Grants.gov; Executive Order 12372; 20 CFR 667.220 and 266; 29 CFR Parts 2, Subpart D, 2.33(c), 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37.6(f), 93, 95, 96, 98 and 99; OMB Circular A-122 [2 CFR 230]; Education Amendments of 1972 [Title IX]; Lobbying Disclosures Act of 1995, Section 18 [Pub.L. 104-65, 2 U.S.C. 1611]; IRS Code Section 501(c)(4); Workforce3One; America’s Service Locator; Help with Solicitation for Grant Applications; Guidance for Faith-Based and Community Organizations on Partnering with the Federal Government.
3. Links. This Letter is in the Region 5 website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/pages/LibraryIssuances.cfm
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. ETA has issued a Solicitation for Grant Applications in support of a Multiple Education Pathways Blueprint grant. The grant seeks to create a blueprint to build systems of multiple education pathways.
5. Action Required. State Workforce Agency Administrators are requested to share this Letter with appropriate staff and other agencies. Eligible applicants, as defined in the Solicitation, are invited to submit an application on or before June 7, 2007 to:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Division of Federal Assistance
Ref. SGA/DFA PY-06-12
200 Constitution Av. NW
Washington, D.C. 20210
Attn: James W. Stockton
Applications may be submitted on line at: www.Grants.gov.
6. Inquiries. Questions or comments about the Solicitation may be directed to B. Jai Johnson on 202.693.3296. Questions or comments on the format of this Letter may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.586.5435.
7. Attachments. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 88, May 8, 2007, pp. 26162-26169
8. Effective Date. May 8, 2007
9. Expiration Date. June 7, 2007