TAA Participant Reporting
TAA participant reporting was conducted through the Trade Act Participant Report (TAPR) for FY 2009 through FY 2017. Starting in FY 2018, TAA participant reporting is conducted through the Participant Integrated Reporting Layout (PIRL). For information on how TAA reports performance measures, visit the TAA Performance Reporting page.
As stipulated in Sec. 239(j)(1)(C) of TAARA 2015, states must provide "a description of efforts made to improve outcomes for workers under the trade adjustment assistance program that promote efficiency and effectiveness."
Participant Integrated Reporting Layout (PIRL)
- Looking to understand PIRL reporting and performance measures? Take a look at the PIRL Reporting Online Resource which provides an introductory e-learning module a handbook designed to help DOL grantees successfully submit the PIRL.
- TAA PIRL Reporting Webinar - this webinar is an overview of changes in TAA reporting as we transition from TAPR to PIRL.
- WIPS Resources Page - PIRL reporting is conducted through the Workforce Integrated Performance System (WIPS). This page provides details on the current schema, release notes, edit checks and more.
- Performance Reporting Site - this WorkforceGPS site provides guidance and details on performance reporting of PIRL data through WIPS. This is a cross program site providing guidance on other programs reporting through PIRL.
- The TAA program uses five primary indicators of performance. A discussion about the general performance measures is available here. The description, methodology, and operational parameters can be found in TEGL 10-16, Change 1. Details on how the TAA program differs from WIOA primary indicators can be found in Attachment 10 of TEGL 14-18. Some measures, such as Credential Attainment and Measurable Skills Gains, were subsequently modified in the OMB 1205-0521 modification of 6/2018, here.
- PIRL Reporting Timelines - this excel worksheet explains the relevant reporting cohorts for reporting a particular quarter in PIRL. Simply select the reporting quarter end date and it will show the dates associated with each cohort.
- PIRL Edit Checks - these are the current edit checks for PIRL categorized by duplicate rules, logical rules, and valid value rules. PIRL records must meet all validation rules to be successfully submitted.
- PIRL Trade Adjustment Assistance Data Integrity (TAADI) Resources
- Today's TAADI Webcast - This webcast discusses the TAADI protocols and requirements. We review the purpose and goals, recent changes to measures, additional resources, and discuss the annual review process. This webcast also provides a walkthrough of how to use the TAADI Self-Check to both obtain unofficial results and how to identify records affecting TAADI results.
- PIRL TAADI Self-Check (FULL PIRL, SIRS) - the TAA Data Integrity (TAADI) Self-Check is an Excel template which allows states to enter their PIRL and 9130 data to get unofficial TAADI results and see performance outcome results prior to submission. Most recent version: 1/29/20. Review the Changes Log here. Self-Check running slowly? Here are some tips.
- Fiscal-Only Self-Check - Download this workbook to enter the 9130 data to determine 9130 reporting issues and unofficial TAADI Denominators. Note that it aligns with Tab 3 of the TAADI & Performance Self-Check linked above. Most recent version: 9/30/19.
- TAADI Annual Review Process Map - this is the general process map for determining when states receive a recommendation for an Area of Concern or Finding from the TAADI Annual Review. Individual years often have some modification to this process.
- PIRL Quick Reference Resources
- PIRL TAA Records Overview FAQ - this document provides an overview of how records are submitted in the PIRL including timelines, extension requests, WIPS locks, program flags, TAA eligibility, reportable individuals, and the record reporting cycle.
- PIRL Multiple Petitions Documentation - this document provides instructions on how to record PIRL data for participants who have received benefits or services under more than one petition number. Updated 10/25/19.
- PIRL Efforts to Improve Outcomes FAQ - this document explains what to include in state efforts to improve outcomes, how to report them through WIPS, and other frequently asked questions. Updated 9/27/19.
- PIRL Training Reporting FAQ - this document provides answers to frequently asked questions about reporting training in PIRL.
- PIRL TAA Intake FAQ - this document provides answers to frequently asked questions about reporting key TAA elements when a TAA participant begins their participation including: qualifying separation, Adversely Affected Incumbent Workers (AAIW) vs. Adversely Affected Workers (AAW), TAA Petition Number, Application/Eligibility/First TAA Benefit or Service Dates, and the constraints imposed on those requirements. Updated on 11/21/19.
- PIRL TRA and A/RTAA Reporting FAQ this document provides answers to frequently asked questions about reporting TRA, ATAA, and RTAA benefits in the PIRL. Updated 10/25/19.
- Co-Enrollment #1: Perceived Barriers of Cost & Performance - this document discusses the perceived barriers to co-enrollment with the Dislocated Worker Program of cost and performance. Also included are scenarios to help the state consider how to increase co-enrollment.
- Co-Enrollment #2: Perceived Barriers of Eligibility and Benefits/Services - this document discusses the perceived barriers to co-enrollment with the Dislocated Worker Program of differing eligibility and benefit/service provision. Also included are scenarios to help the state consider how to increase co-enrollment.
- Co-Enrollment #3: Reporting FAQ - this document provides answers to frequently asked questions about reporting Co-Enrollment on the PIRL, including how co-enrollment with Dislocated Worker is reviewed in TAADI.
- PIRL Reporting Agent and Liable FAQ - this document provides answers to frequently asked questions about reporting Agent and Liable participants including what fields are required and how they are addressed in TAADI.
- PIRL Case Management Reporting FAQ - this document provides answers to frequently asked questions about reporting Case Management for TAA participants.