TAA Participant Reporting
TAA participant reporting was conducted through the Trade Act Participant Report (TAPR) for FY 2009 through FY 2017. Starting in FY 2018, TAA participant reporting will be through a cross-program reporting format, the Participant Integrated Reporting Layout (PIRL). For information on the old Common Measures and Trade Act Measures, visit the Trade Act Program - Overview of the Data page.
The following are technical assistance resources for understanding participant reporting:
Trade Act Participant Report (TAPR)
- TAPR Specification - this document provides field definitions for the TAPR.
- TAPR Handbook - this document provides information on the TAPR reporting structure, TAPR reporting elements, how to address particular reporting, and timing expectations in TAPR reporting.
- TAPR Reporting Timelines - this excel worksheet explains the relevant reporting cohorts in the TAPR report based on the particular quarter being reported.
- TAPR Participant and Performance Specifications - this provides detailed specifications on TAA participant counts and performance measures for new participants, exiter benefits and services, and performance.
- TAPR Edit Checks (formerly called "Control Measures") - this document provides the specifications for checks run when TAPR data is submitted by the state. TAPR data must meet all validation rules to successfully be submitted.
- TAPR TAADI TEGL - this TEGL provides the framework for TAA Data Integrity (TAADI).
- TAPR TAADI Self-Check - the TAA Data Integrity (TAADI) Self-Check is an excel template which allows states to enter their TAPR and 9130 data to get unofficial TAADI results and see performance outcome results prior to submission.
- TAPR Data Element Validation User Guide - this user guide provides a guide for states to complete data element validation.
- TAPR Data Element Validation Resources - this provides resources for states to complete data element validation.
Participant Integrated Reporting Layout (PIRL)
- TAA PIRL Reporting Webinar - this webinar is an overview of changes in TAA reporting as we transition from TAPR to PIRL.
- WIPS Resources Page - PIRL reporting is conducted through the Workforce Integrated Performance System (WIPS). This page provides details on the current schema, release notes, edit checks and more.
- PIRL Edit Checks - these are the current edit checks for PIRL categorized by duplicate rules, logical rules, and valid value rules. PIRL records must meet all validation rules to be successfully submitted.
- PIRL TAADI Self-Check (FULL PIRL, TAA-ONLY) - the TAA Data Integrity (TAADI) Self-Check is an excel template which allows states to enter their PIRL and 9130 data to get unofficial TAADI results and see performance outcome results prior to submission.
- PIRL Multiple Petitions Documentation - this document provides instructions on how to record PIRL data for participants who have received benefits or services under more than one petition number.
- PIRL Instructions for Efforts to Improve Outcomes - this document explains how to report state efforts to improve outcomes in the transition and through WIPS.
- Performance Reporting Site - this WorkforceGPS site provides guidance and details on performance reporting of PIRL data through WIPS. This is a cross program site providing guidance on other programs reporting through PIRL.