Technical Assistance Webinars
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) and Title I Dislocated Worker Co-Enrollment1: Why is co-enrollment of participants in the TAA and Dislocated Worker programs important? How does it benefit participants? Come to this webinar to learn about co-enrollment, its benefits and the myths that keep national co-enrollment rates low. This webinar will include a state panel portion to maximize peer-sharing. (Recorded 06/13/2018)
- Virginia Best Practice Model: Workforce & Adult Education Working Together1: Interested in leveraging Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) outreach, creating work contextualized learning and identifying employer-based training? Join us for a Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) best practice webinar to hear about PluggedinVA (PIVA). PIVA has served cohorts of dislocated workers in Virginia (including TAA participants) since 2008. (Recorded 02/08/2018)
- Oregon Best Practices1: This presentation will feature a variety of new strategies for increasing petition filing, innovating staff infrastructure, and working directly with employers in a manner that increases participation and program expenditures. Come hear from the state that ranked #1 in petition filing and overall participation in FY 2016! (Recorded 10/18/17)
- Who is the TAA Customer. Resources, Characteristics and Strategies for TAA and other Adult Learners1: Webinar designed to distinguish key characteristics of TAA demographic, identify training aversion as a cause of low enrollment for adults, discuss causes of training aversion, identify resources and strategies for dealing with training aversion, and provide information on TAA resources and points of contact for connecting with TAA population. (Recorded 04/15/16)
- How to File a TAA Petition Online1: This presentation is designed to provide state and local workforce staff with screen shots from the online TAA Petition application, with a focus on the unique features of the online petition, including "help" buttons that provide useful clarification about the information requested on a TAA petition, and how to connect attachments to the petition via the application. During the presentation, there will be an opportunity to ask questions in connection with TAA filing procedures. (Recorded 05/31/2016)
- New Hampshire and Massachusetts Best Practices1: This presentation will feature strategies from two states that build collaboration through IT Systems to accelerate notification, eligibility and follow up of TAA Participants. Come learn strategies that explain why Massachusetts has the highest ERR in Region 1 and why New Hampshire has the highest take-up rate (percentage of group-eligible workers who enroll in TAA) in the country! (Recorded 11/14/17)
- Today's TAADI Webcast1: Learn all about TAADI including why it matters, changes to measures, resources, how to leverage the self-check, and how annual reviews work (Webcast, Transcript).
- Trade Adjustment Assistance PIRL Reporting1: Data is the single most important channel for helping Congress and other stakeholders see the value of the TAA program. Correct reporting of activity is vital to program continuity. This presentation will feature important guidance on PIRL reporting, which begins in FY 2018. The webinar will include explanations of key elements and calculations, where to locate important resources, and important timelines for implementation. Priority attendance for TAA Program and Reporting staff alike! (Recorded 11/21/17)
- Rapid Response Reporting for Trade Adjustment Assistance1: Rapid Response is a key tool to minimizing the disruption that layoffs have on the workforce. States are required to provide Rapid Response services for trade-affected individuals, but often separation of Rapid Response teams from those who administer trade program data complicates the collection and reporting of this critical data element. The presentation will examine how Rapid Response shapes outcomes, how TAA Data Integrity (TAADI) aims to improve Rapid Response reporting, and provide a forum for states to discuss the costs and benefits of their particular implementation. (Recorded 09/30/2015)
- The TAA 9130 Report: Changes and Common Questions1: This webinar will include a presentation and discussion on the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) financial reporting through the ETA-9130(M) form, including recent changes to the form and additional validation being implemented. Presenters will also answer common questions about the resultant values that TAA uses and address common reporting issues. (Recorded 08/29/2016)
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Fiscal and State Best Practices Webinar1: Given the differences in the laws governing different Fiscal Year (FY) grants, Parts One and Two of this webinar provides a brief review of the rules that govern funds allocated for trade-related State administration, employment and case management, and other program funds. Part Three provides clarification on how TAA program case management funds may be used to contribute to system improvements and to support infrastructure shared by other workforce programs provided through the American Job Centers; and Part Four provides fiscal tips for good strategies for spending. (Recorded 08/08/2013)
1This webinar is hosted on the WorkforceGPS website. WorkforceGPS, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor (Department) Employment and Training Administration (ETA), is an on-line interactive communications and learning platform designed to build the capacity of the Workforce Investment System. Members include the public workforce system and its strategic partners, such as employers, Federal agencies, community-and faith-based organizations, and educators. WorkforceGPS supplements other technical assistance provided by the Employment and Training Administration's national and regional staff to build the capacity of the workforce investment system to successfully meet the employment needs of America's workforce and employers. For questions regarding accessing WorkforceGPS, please send an email to email@example.com.