U. S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Washington, D.C. 20210
December 22, 2000
DIRECTIVE: UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE PROGRAM LETTER NO. 11-01 /s/ FROM: GRACE A. KILBANE Administrator Office of Workforce Security SUBJECT: America's Workforce Network (AWN) Logo
1. Purpose. To ensure that State Unemployment Insurance (UI) officials are aware of the requirement that Employment and Training (ETA) grantees, including UI grantees, use the official branding logo for America's Workforce Network on their public materials and to advise SESA's that basic guidelines for the use of the logo will be sent along with the UI grant modification within the next two weeks.
2. References. Training and Employment Information Notice (TEIN) No. 7-00, Use of America's Workforce Network (AWN) Logo. (TEIN No. 7-00 is attached and may also be found on the web site https://ows.doleta.gov).
3. Background. The U.S. Department of Labor has taken the lead in creating a brand identity, America's Workforce Network, which will be attached to all federally-sponsored workforce investment activities nationwide. ETA is requiring grantees, sub-grantees and certain contractors to use the AWN logo on their public materials. The inclusion of the AWN logo on partners' public materials is a co-branding effort that allows partners to have their products and/or services associated with the national effort without losing their individual identities. This requirement is being added to grants through modifications and will be included as a standard clause in new agreements.
4. Action Requested. Please share this UIPL with appropriate staff. Materials, already in stock, should be used until depleted. The logo should be added to the next printing in accordance with the guidelines that accompany grant modifications.
5. Feedback. Questions on this UIPL should be directed to the Office of Career Transition Assistance, Division of Performance Management; Attention: Kitty Fenstermaker at(202)693-3201.
6. Attachments. TEIN No. 7-00