Improving Outcomes for Workers and Employers" Federal Reserve System and Partners Release New Three-Volume Book - "Investing in America's Workforce:
An advisory from the Federal Reserve
How can public, private, and nonprofit sectors coordinate efforts and integrate new technologies and finance models to meet the needs of both workers and employers? Learn about investing in workforce development systems in the new three-volume book -- Investing in America's Workforce: Improving Outcomes for Workers and Employers.
Gain insights from more than 100 authors who share research, best practices, and resources on workforce development focused on three distinct areas: Investing in Workers, Investing in Work, and Investing in Systems for Employment Opportunity.
The publication is the result of a two-and-a-half-year collaboration between the Federal Reserve System, the Heldrich Center for Workforce Development at Rutgers University, the Ray Marshall Center at the University of Texas at Austin, and the W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
The free copy is available at www.investinwork.org/book.
- Department of Education Announces Winners of the "Reimagining Higher Education Ecosystem Challenge"
- November 8 Webinar: How Modern Apprenticeship Programs are Serving Veterans
- Department of Labor Announces New Compliance Assistance Tools to Assist New and Small Businesses; Topic-Specific Content for FLSA, FMLA, Youth Employment, Agriculture, and Contracts
Stackable Credentials Toolkit
ARC Releases New Research and Tools for Regional Entrepreneurship Development
Census Bureau Research Maps the Roots of Social Mobility; Mapping Interface Provides Neighborhood-Level Information on Children's Outcomes
Manufacturing USA Releases its 2017 Annual Report; Volume Addresses Workforce Development, Apprenticeship, STEM, Robotics, and Educational Role of Community Colleges
National Apprenticeship Week (November 12 - 18)
ETA Requests Comments on Proposed Data Collections from Industry-Recognized Apprenticeship Program Accreditors
- O*NET Career Exploration Tools
- Carl D. Perkins Technical Education Act of 2006
- ETA Support for State Reform of Occupational Licensing
- Scaling Apprenticeship through Sector-Based Strategies
- On-the-Job Training Toolkit
- ETA Research and Evaluation
- Customer-Centered Design Approach to Service Delivery
- Addressing America's Reskilling Challenge Council of Economic Advisors