USDA Seeks Applications for National Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Application Assistance with Emphasis on Apprenticeship and Workforce Development
USDA's Rural Utilities Service (RUS) has announced an additional application window for Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 for the Technical Assistance and Training Grant Program (TAT).
Applications may emphasize technical assistance and training activities to:
- Provide application assistance and project development that facilitate efforts by rural communities to access funding for water and wastewater infrastructure projects, particularly those communities in smaller, lower income, and persistent poverty areas; or
- Provide technical assistance and training to personnel to improve the management, operation, and maintenance of water and waste facilities through a national apprenticeship/workforce development program.
USDA encourages applications that will support recommendations made in the Rural Prosperity Task Force report to help improve life in rural America which can be found at www.usda.gov/ruralprosperity. Applicants are encouraged to consider projects that provide measurable results in helping rural communities build robust and sustainable economies through strategic investments in infrastructure, partnerships and innovation. Key strategies include:
- Achieving e-Connectivity for Rural America
- Developing the Rural Economy
- Harnessing Technological Innovation
- Supporting a Rural Workforce
- Improving Quality of Life
Applications are due by September 8.