The State plans to fund projects for adult education and career education:
- Administration of TABE tests to determine the need for basic skills instruction for referred One-Stop clients. More than 400 clients will be tested annually;
- Development of ESL Content Standards that are in line with the Nebraska state standards for K-12. The second part of the project will be developing content standards for ABE students that will incorporate the skills necessary for them to be successful in employment, post-secondary education or training, and community life;
- A GED Promotion Project, using the media to encourage high school completion;
- A collaboration between agencies, aiming to develop career pathways that help students and adults realize the opportunities in Nebraska;
- A project that will develop an on-line knowledge portal including a career and technical education program evaluation tool; and
- NebraskaCareerConnections.org to provide resources and services for businesses, schools, One-stops, and others involved in providing career guidance information, planning and preparation services, and overall workforce development training.