|South Carolina $709,298
- Expand innovative state leadership activities: Funds will be used for Project Lead the Way® to build and implement a curriculum in Biomedical and Life Sciences that will provide opportunities for high school students to develop critical decision-making skills;
- Develop and implement the South Carolina Academic and Career Planning System – a user-friendly Web site for South Carolina middle and high school students, their parents, school counselors and administrators;
- Expand Innovative State Leadership activities: Expand the state’s capacity to provide adult education services in the Local Area One-Stops;
- Continue the use of the South Carolina College and Career Planning System powered by Kuder;
- South Carolina’s Department of Commerce will use incentive funds to assist with the creation of a database for the coordinated, statewide, WorkKeys certification process. The process will provide a standardized method of identifying the skills capabilities of individuals in an effort to better address the workforce needs of growing and emerging businesses.