What's New in Workforce Investment?
Workforce Investment News Archive
Department of Education Seeks Public Input to Revitalize TA Activities Funded under the Rehabilitation Training Program
Nov 8, 2012
The Department of Education today has requested public input to revitalize its training and technical assistance (TA) activities funded under the Rehabilitation Training Program. The Department will use the information and data gathered in response to this notice to support the design and implementation of future training and TA that is aligned with the current and future economic trends, reflects the needs of vocational rehabilitation (VR) consumers and ensures that VR counselors are equipped with new and emerging skills. The goal of these training and TA activities is to increase the achievement of high-quality integrated employment for individuals with disabilities.
The Department is seeking responses from a knowledgeable and diverse range of individuals including but not limited to the following:
- State VR agency staff, including directors, supervisors, and counselors;
- Current or former project directors or principal investigators of grants funded under the Rehabilitation Training Program;
- Recipients of TA and CE provided by a Technical Assistance and Continuing Education (TACE) Center;
- Users of materials posted on the Web site currently maintained by the National Clearinghouse of Rehabilitation Training Materials (NCRTM);
- Contributors of materials posted on the Web site currently maintained by NCRTM;
- Current and former scholars funded under the Rehabilitation Long-Term Training Program;
- Recipients of TA currently provided under grants funded by the set-aside under section 21 of the Rehabilitation Act; and
Comments are due by January 7, 2013.
Click here for the full notice, lines of inquiry, and comment submission instructions.