What's New in Workforce Investment?
Workforce Investment News Archive
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Announces Grants to Train Veterans, Military Families for Jobs in Transportation Industry
Jul 5, 2013
The U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has announced almost $1 million in new grants to help train veterans and military families for jobs in the transportation industry. The grants were awarded to six colleges across the country as part of the Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator Safety Training (CMVOST) grant program.
The grants have been awarded to six institutions which could provide training for as many as 300 new students:
- Grays Harbor College in Aberdeen, Wash., $131,041
- Long Beach Community College District, in Long Beach, Calif., $211,733
- Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College in Orangeburg, S.C., $150,000
- Lone Star College in Woodlands, Texas, $184,260
- Century College in White Bear Lake, Minn., $120,000
- Joliet Junior College in Joliet, Ill., $176,427