The mission of the Business Relations Group (BRG) is to help support implementation of an integrated national workforce investment system that supports economic growth and provides workers with the information, advice, job search assistance, supportive services, and training in demand industries and occupations they need to get and keep good jobs and provide employers with skilled workers. BRG implements sector-based grant programs and special initiatives that are designed to assist communities, educators, businesses, and job seekers (both employed and unemployed), to compete in a changing global economy.
BRG has responsibility for the following grant programs:
- TradeAdjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCCT)
- H-1B Technical Skills Training Grants (H1B)
- Green Jobs Innovation Fund (GJIF)
- Community-Based Job Training Grants (CBJTG)
- ARRA High Growth and Emerging Industry Grants (ARRA HGEI)
In addition, BRG staffs other agency and office initiatives such as the ETA-HRSA Task Force, the Aging Worker and STEM Initiatives, and technical assistance activities.
- Develop Solicitations for Grant Applications, and then related materials such as, Prospective Applicant Conferences, Panelist Orientation, Announcement Materials and Grantee Descriptions.
- Develop and implement the performance reporting requirements for grantees, including guiding the technology developed for grantee and ETA use, and providing training for FPOs and grantees on performance reporting.
- Provide input to Office of Policy Development and Reporting (OPDR) on the design of program evaluations.
- Develop and distribute program guidance to ETA staff for consistent administration of programs (allowable use of funds, grantee requests for modifications, performance reporting).
- Provide program and performance information to inquiries from the Administration, Congress, GAO, IG and others.
- Conduct new grantee orientations and ongoing grantee technical assistance to ensure that grantees meet performance goals and deliverables.
- Direct any technical assistance provided through cooperative agreements or contracts as available.