October 21, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 001-06
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Eligibility Verification Requirements for Delivery of Benefits to Victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita; Office of Management and Budget
PROGRAM(S): All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit Office of Management and Budget guidance on eligibility verification requirements for delivery of benefits to victims of hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
2. References. None.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
4. Background. In response to hurricanes Katrina and Rita, the President has pledged to provide access to streamlined registration and enrollment in Federal benefit programs. On October 13, 2005, the Office of Management and Budget issued guidance to Federal agencies. Revised requirements found in that guidance are applicable to ETA's State, local and non-profit partners in the workforce development community.
5. Substance. The Office of Management and Budget guidance, on streamlining benefits delivery and eliminating improper payments, is found in the Attachment to this Alert.
6. Action. Recipients are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies.
7. Contact. Questions or comments about OMB guidance may be directed to Linda Combs on 202.395.6059 or Robert Shea on 202.395.4568. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
8. Expiration Date. Continuing
9. Attachment. Eligibility Verification Requirements for Delivery of Benefits to Victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita